Imam Bakhsh Nasikh Poetry - Urdu and Hindi Shayari Blog

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Monday, April 17, 2023

Imam Bakhsh Nasikh Poetry

Imam Bakhsh Nasikh

 Imam Bakhsh Nasikh was a prominent Urdu poet from the Indian subcontinent. He was born in 1839 in the town of Nakodar in Punjab, which is now located in modern-day Pakistan. Nasikh was known for his ghazals, which are a form of Urdu poetry consisting of rhyming couplets and a refrain. He was also a prolific writer of naats, which are religious poems in praise of the Prophet Muhammad. Nasikh's poetry is known for its simplicity, clarity, and directness, as well as its focus on moral and spiritual themes. He died in 1898 in Lahore, which was then part of British India. Today, Nasikh's poetry remains popular in both India and Pakistan, and he is considered one of the major poets of the Urdu language.

imam nasikh shayari

रोदाद-ए-सितम कह कर जब मेंने कहा समझे
मुंह फेर के फ़रमाया झूठे को खुदा समझे
वो मेरी दुआओं को समझे के शिकायत है
क्यों में ने शिकायत की ये उन की बला समझे
जो मुझ पे मुसीबत है सब दिल की बदोलत है
इस दिल ने मुझे ख्व्या इस दिल को खुदा समझे
सोचो तो इमाम दिल में जो क़दर है वफ़ा की
जो चाहने वाले को मजबूर खुदा समझे 

The poem you have shared is in Urdu language. Here is an English translation:

When I said "understand" upon hearing the cries of oppression,
They turned their face and said that God would consider a liar.

They understood my prayers as complaints,
Why did I consider their call as a command from God?

All the afflictions upon me were due to the whims of the heart,
This heart lost me, may God understand it.

Think, Imam, about the value of loyalty in the heart,
One who wishes for it, may be considered compelled by God.

حق کیا ہے سورج کی طرح، جو چھپ جائے تودھندھلی سی آجاتی ہے،
مگر جو نکل آئے توں دنیا کو روشن کر جاتی ہے

"Truth is like the sun, no matter how much the clouds try to hide it,
It will eventually shine through and light up the world."

This couplet reflects Nasikh's focus on moral and spiritual themes, as well as his belief in the power of truth and honesty.

When I said "understand" after calling out to the oppressor
They turned away and deemed me false, may God consider them as such

They understand my prayers as complaints
Why did I think their call was an invitation?

All the troubles upon me are due to the fickleness of hearts
This heart lost me, may God understand its plight

Think, Imam, about the value of loyalty in the heart
May those who wish to be compelled by God be considered as such.

"نہ کہیں دل میرا سرگرم رہتا ہے، کہیں زندگی مجھے ستاتی ہے،
جب بھی آواز تیری سنتا ہوں، آنکھیں بند کر کے ہنستا ہوں"

"My heart is busy, not in one place, life always bothers me,
Whenever I hear your voice, I close my eyes and smile."

 "آنکھیں ہیں جوشِ تیشہ، دل ہے جوشِ قاتل،
زندگی کو بھی جانیں، جنگ کیا ہے کیا"

"My eyes have the passion of a sword, and my heart has the passion of a warrior,
Let us also know what life is, what is this war?"

 "ہم اس کے دیوانے ہیں، وہ محتاجِ عشق ہے،
ہر کوئی بے وفا، ہم صرف بے باک ہیں"

"I am crazy for her, she needs love,
Everyone is unfaithful, I am just fearless."

 "آج کل اپنے دل کی تلاش میں، میں خود کو گم کرتا ہوں،
کبھی میرے ہاتھوں کا کام نہ پوچھ، میں بے حاصل فراز کرتا ہوں"

"Searching for my heart these days, I lose myself,
Don't ask me what my hands are doing, I reach for the unattainable."

ہم نے دل کو بہلایا نہیں، عشق کا رنج جھیلایا نہیں،
زندگی میں جو ملا وہ اپنے ہاتھوں سے بنایا نہیں

"I did not deceive my heart, nor did I bear the pain of love,
What I found in life, I did not create with my own hands."

کیا جانتے ہو عشق کیا ہے؟ آگ کی طرح جلتا ہے،
کیا جانتے ہو زخمِ دل کیا ہے؟ آنسو کی طرح بہتا ہے

"Do you know what love is? It burns like fire

Dil ki baat zabaan tak laana kitna mushkil hai,
Haal-e-dil Aapke dil ko batana kitna mushkil hai.

It is so difficult to express the feelings of the heart in words,
How difficult it is to share the state of the heart with your heart.

آئینہ خود کو آجمائے ہر کوئی، جانے کیا کیا دکھ دیکھتا ہے مجھے،
نازک ہے ابھی دل میرا، دلدادہ ہے جو دیکھتا ہے مجھے

Everyone shows me my reflection, and who knows what sorrows it reveals,
My heart is delicate still, whoever sees it, it brings joy to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment