Mir Taqi Mir Shayari - Urdu and Hindi Shayari Blog

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Mir Taqi Mir Shayari

 

Mir Taqi Mir Shayari

Hasti apni habab ki si hai
Yeh numaish ik saraab ki si hai

My life is like a bubble
this world is like a mirage

Dikhaai diye yun ki bekhud kiya
Hamein aap se bhi juda kar chale

She appeared in such a way that I lost myself and went by taking away my 'self' with her
Just her glimpse rendered me numb away she went leaving me separated from me

At a higher spiritual level, the subject of Mir's poem is not a woman but God. Mir speaks of man's interaction with the Divine. He reflects upon the impact on a man when God reveals Himself to man. So the same sher can be interpreted in this way as well:

Dikhaai diye yun ke bekhud kiya
Hamen aap se bhi juda kar chale

When I saw You (God) I lost all sense of self
I forgot my own identity

Other shers (couplets):

Gor kis diljale ki hai ye falak?
Shola ek subah yahaan se uthta hai

What heart-sick sufferer's grave is the sky?
an Ember rises hence at dawn

Ashk aankhon mein kab nahin aata?
Lahu aata hai jab nahin aata

From my eye, when doesn't a tear fall?
Blood falls when it doesn't fall

Bekhudi le gai kahaan humko,
Der se intezaar hai apna

Where has selflessness taken me
I've been waiting for myself for a long?

Raah-e-door-e-ishq mein rotaa hai kyaa[18]
Aage aage dekhiye hotaa hai kyaa

On the long road of Love, why do you wail
Just wait and watch how things unveil

Deedani hai shikastagi dil ki
Kya imaarat ghamon ne dhaai hai

Worth watching is my heart's crumbling
what a citadel have sorrows razed

Baad marne ke meri qabr pe aaya wo 'Mir'
Yaad aai mere Isa ko dawa mere baad

O Mir, he came to my grave after I'd died
My messiah thought of medicine after I'd died

Mir ke deen-o-mazhab ka poonchte kya ho un nay to
kashka khaincha dair mein baitha kab ka tark Islam kiya

What can I tell you about Mir's faith or belief?
A tilak on his forehead, in a temple he resides, having abandoned Islam long ago
(source: Wikipedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment