कभी अच्छाइयाँ मुझमें कभी गुमराहियाँ मुझमें
कभी तक़्वा की बातें हैं कभी मनमानियाँ मुझमें
कभी जज़्बात हैं दीनी कभी मर्ज़-ए-फ़हश बीनी
कभी दीं-दारियाँ मुझमें कभी बे-दीनियाँ मुझमें
कभी उम्मत का ग़म घेरे कभी याद-ए-सनम घेरे
कभी ख़ामोश रहता हूँ कभी बेबाकियाँ मुझमें
कभी मैं तालिब-ए-हक़ हूँ कभी हमराह-ए-बातिल हूँ
कभी बे-ग़रज़ रहता हूँ कभी खुदग़र्ज़ियाँ मुझमें
कभी सजदों की कसरत है कभी फ़ुस्सक़ से यारी
कभी आबादियाँ मुझमें कभी वीरानियाँ मुझमें
कभी मौला की कोशिश है कभी लैला की कोशिश है
कभी दाना नज़र आऊँ कभी नादानियाँ मुझमें
— हुदहुद इलाहाबादी (Hudhud Allahabad)
Sometimes goodness resides in me, sometimes misguidance
Sometimes I talk of righteousness, sometimes I follow my own desires
Sometimes I am filled with religious fervor, sometimes consumed by stray thoughts
Sometimes I am devout, sometimes distant from faith
Sometimes the grief of my people surrounds me, sometimes the memory of my beloved
Sometimes I remain silent, sometimes I speak with bold courage
Sometimes I am a seeker of truth, sometimes I walk alongside falsehood
Sometimes I remain selfless, sometimes selfishly inclined
Sometimes I bow down endlessly in prayer, sometimes I mingle with transgressors
Sometimes I feel alive inside, sometimes totally deserted
Sometimes I strive for God, sometimes I am drawn toward worldly desires
Sometimes I appear wise, sometimes full of foolishness
— Hudhud Allahabadi
No comments:
Post a Comment